Saturday, February 23, 2013

36 Weeks


Baby Boy is still the size of a honeydew melon weighing 4.2-5.8 pounds and is 17-18 inches in length.  
This is the last week he will be the size of a honeydew melon...next week it's up to the watermelon!

How far along: 36 Weeks, 4 weeks to go
Sickness: YES!  Nothing pregnancy related but I have been battling a cold for the past week.  Last week started out as a sore throat and body aches and then right after Valentine's Day it turned into a stuffy nose and nasty cough.  
Maternity Clothes: Mainly wearing maternity clothes.  I still wear two pairs of non-maternity jeans and occasionally a stretchy shirt or open sweater but I can tell they are even starting to get a little short on the belly.  
Stretch Marks: Still the faint lines on my back. 
Sleep: I think I would be sleeping fine it if wasn't for this cold!  I have the humidifier blowing on me and a box of tissues close by.  
Movement: He isn't the most active.  I will get some feet in the ribs and then occasional bumps here and there.  
Food Cravings: This past week Jamba Juice, I don't feel like eating much because I am so stuffed up.  Cereal has been a staple at night for dinner.  
Symptoms: I had a little sciatic pain this week and still will have the feeling I have been sitting on a bicycle seat for a few hours.  
*Progress Status: 70% effaced, not dilated.  

Last Saturday I went shopping with Camie and we got the crib bedding, crib mattress, mattress and cover for the changing station, and some bottles. Camie brought me the bassinet that Nick and Megan used so we went and picked out fabric to make sheets, a bumper, and some blankets.  We chose slate gray for the sheets, and zig zag shades of gray with a little mustard yellow for the bumper.  Then Camie's friend Anita came to my house and helped us pick a paint color for the baby's room.  We decided on a greenish / gray color that matches the crib bedding.  

Today Melissa McEvoy threw me a luncheon baby shower.  It was such a nice shower.  Melissa made homemade tomato soup with mini grilled cheese sandwiches, and salad.  I got a diaper cake, wet wipe warmer, wet wipes, blanket, bath soap, crib sheets, and bottles.  We had a pretty big snow storm  too getting almost a foot at our house.  It literally snowed all day long!  



No comments:

Post a Comment