Sunday, March 10, 2013

38 Weeks


Baby boy is the size of a watermelon weighing about 6 pounds and is anywhere from 19-21 inches in length.  I'm going to guess he is on the shorter end barely making 19 inches.  

How far along: 38 weeks!
Sickness: FINALLY over the cold and sinus infection!  I am still a little stuffed up but they say that is a symptom of pregnancy and honestly it's not that bad,  I can breathe during the night and right now that is all that matters.    
Maternity Clothes: Mainly yes.  I still will wear a couple pairs of non maternity pants but my shirts are all maternity.  
Stretch Marks: Faint white lines on my back.  I have to say I have been pretty lucky.  No stretch marks on my stomach and my belly button hasn't even popped out.  
Sleep: Back to sleeping pretty good.  I think Thursday night I was out by 10:00 and only woke up once during the night.  
Movement: It's hard to explain the movement.  I think he just stretches so I just feel a push against my stomach.  Yesterday morning I was on the couch having a bowl of cereal and he was moving around and I looked down and could see my stomach move. I have to say it was really cool to see.  
Food Cravings: Jamba juice, applesauce, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, toast, hot chocolate, and pizza.  Those have been the staples this week.  
Symptoms: I had some serious sciatic pain and the upper / inner thigh pain last night when I got up to go to the bathroom.  I had to brace myself against the bed and then the counter to walk.  But I was fine when I woke up this morning.  
Progress Status: At Monday's appointment I was still 70% effaced and not dilated.  They even told me I lost a few pounds...probably from being sick and not wanting to eat much.  So of course after I heard that I thought bring on the treats, I only have two weeks left!  

Let's see...the past two weeks have flown by that we haven't gotten our weekly pictures.  The house has been a mess with baby stuff EVERYWHERE.  I have been trying to wash blankets and clothing little by little and put things away.  Wednesday night we went to dinner for Grandma Eloise's 90th birthday and then yesterday they had an open house for her in Tremonton.  Allison and Tyler came over last night with the boys to finish the trim on our wood floors.  I had been doing baby laundry most of the day so Allison came and helped me decide where to put all the clothes and blankets.  Nick and Dave put the crib together today so now I will wash the bedding and get that ready.   Taylor and Megan took some maternity pictures of Nick and I today.  They turned out SO GOOD!  I'm excited to frame a few of them and hang them in the baby's room.  


1 comment:

  1. Ooh I want to see the maternity pictures! You need to blog a few of them. One more week till your due date! A woo hoo

    ReplyDelete