Wednesday, November 21, 2012

23 weeks


Again some websites are sticking with the eggplant size for weeks 22-25, one website said the baby is the size of a green onion.  I am going to say that baby Palmer is around 13 inches long and weighs a little over a pound.  

How far along: 23 weeks
Sickness: Not at all
Maternity Clothes: I wore the one maternity shirt last week, the pants and top in this picture are ones I bought in Santa Barbara.  The pants and shirt are a size up from what I would normally wear.  
Stretch Marks: Still none...thank goodness
Sleep: Sleeping great...also thank goodness
Movement: I feel most of the baby's kicks at night when I am winding down for the day.
Food Cravings: With this week being Thanksgiving I am craving mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie right now.  

And keeping with Thanksgiving I will list a few of the things I am thankful for:

1. My family first and foremost.  I am so thankful to have such a wonderful and  loving family (immediate, extended, and in-laws) and I don't know what I would ever do without my sisters! 
2. Nick is included as part of my family but I want to separate him out as my husband.  He has been so supportive with my pregnancy and has made it to all but one of my doctor's appointments.  And even though he is still a little freaked out with becoming a father, I know that he is so excited.  We both are!
3. My health.  I have to say that I am so thankful that I am healthy and was able to get pregnant without any complications.  I have a couple friends who have not been so lucky.  
4. I am thankful for my job and I am thankful that Nick has a job although I don't know if I am thankful for the place he works all the time.  But right now I am thankful that we are employed, have a place to live, food to eat, and vehicles to drive.  
5. I am thankful to live in the United States and have the freedoms that we do.    I could not imagine living in the middle east where there is constant war and where a 15 year old Pakistani girl is shot for speaking out about the right to an education.  

There are many more things that I am thankful for but I will stop with those five.

Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment